Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The joys of grading...

Right now my days look something like this:

Wake up at 6:30 a.m. (or so) to feed baby Ninja and grade two arguments.

Get the boys dressed, eat breakfast, and either go to teach, or try to get some small portion of the house less messy.

Naptime/quiet time starts around 11 to noon-ish--and then I try to write somewhere between 500 to 1000 words so I can finish the draft of my novel-in-progress.

Think about lesson plans and grading and writing (well, mostly writing) for the rest of the afternoon while watching the kids until my wonderful husband gets home.

Go to bed, get up with baby Ninja, repeat until morning.

This is what he looks like just after eating.  So it's worth it.

See, during grading season I can't sleep in AND get the grading done.  I could grade during the nap, but then I wouldn't write, and that makes me sad.  So this morning, when I woke up to a stuffy nose and sore throat, I thought "I should really grade my two papers for the day"--and then I promptly went back to sleep.  I did manage to teach, write, and weed, but...I'll have to work in those two papers another time.  Around my attempts to get better.  Blah!

At least it's almost Mother's Day.  And I know my husband's on the hunt for good ideas--donations are always appreciated.  What's the best Mother's Day you've heard about?  Any geeky Mother's Day gifts?  I like stories (if you haven't gathered that), and I'd love to hear your Tales of Mother's Days Past...

My own lovely mother says: "Hey!  Be sure whatever you do is awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment