Thursday, December 15, 2011

'Tis the Season

I started submitting again this week.  I know, I know--I said I was going to submit a while ago, back when I posted my query (which is better now, by the way), but I sort of kind of hate querying and only submitted a few more. Which upped my total queried agents to about 25.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I am actually happy with my query (finally! those things are difficult!), so I started sending it out this week. A lot.

And I'm getting partial and full requests! Multiple ones! It is a strange and exciting thing (I sort of expected silence in December, but this is better.  Yay!)

I've been waiting on a couple of other agents for a while, which is one of the reasons I wasn't submitting to new ones.  But it feels good to get some more pages out there (Writer's House?!?), and there's the plain fact that I need to find the right reader for my book.  I don't like every book I pick up, even ones that come with enthusiastic recommendations, and it makes sense that agent's tastes will also vary.


Here is a fairly long video of Holdman Christmas lights from 2010. This year their lights are at a mall (which makes sense, given the amount of traffic they must attract), but here's some songs and snow at their house. 'Tis the season!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from the Deja Vu Blogfest. Congrats on your requests for your manuscript from agents. A very positive first step!

    Kim Van Sickler
    http://swaggerwriters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Brenda! Checkin' in from the Déjá Vu blogfest but I'll check back again when you post. :) Good for you with all submitting you've been doing! That's really exciting. I hope you get the news you want soon. Good luck and have fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete