Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sleep

You know what is most important during the holidays? I love my family. There's books, and church, and lights, and cocoadecorationspresentsgamessparklyfun.

But you can't enjoy any of it without sleep.

So here is my resolution: even though I'm in the middle of grading the longest essay of the semester, and shopping for my friends and family, and editing my second book while querying my first book (which gets confusing), and trying to find time for various lights and holiday magic things, I will still go to bed. Before eleven. Sleep can be a writing and holiday goal, too!

I couldn't find a picture of Cindy Lou Who sleeping, but this is what she would look like if she, say, got up at three in the morning wanting breakfast like certain three-year-olds in our house (he fell asleep in Mommy's arms instead, thank goodness).

2 comments:

  1. We all slept in this morning and it was HEAVENLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping in is one of the top things on my Christmas list. It is tricky to do with a one-year-old, but wonderful--I'm glad you grabbed such bliss when you could!

    ReplyDelete