Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trains

Today I loaded up the double stroller with a one-year-old, a three-year-old, a change of underwear, and a bottle of water, and we walked the mile or so down to the train station.  And let me say: it's amazing how friendly people are to a big blue-eyed baby who's waving and grinning right at them.  I learned a lot from each conversation, and it made me (nerdy writer that I am) think about how many stories there are in the world.  Every person you sit by on the bus, or share a lane with in the pool, or drive by in the car--every one of them has their own personality, their own dreams, their own collection of furious gnomes.  Okay, so not every one collects gnomes--some might prefer clogs, or cogs, or unicorns with goggles.  But you get the idea.

Oh, and I love looking at tattoos and piercings.  They tell me a lot--and I'm a visual person, so pictures are a fascinating sign of values and ideas...

I may have already posted this picture.  But it's worth posting again.  Wouldn't you react to a face that joyful?

No comments:

Post a Comment