Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The start of something beautiful

Well, I'm almost done with my second book.  The only problem is, it needs a lot of work.  I'm the type of writer who works without anything more than a rough outline--I learn things that way, and writing is always exciting.  But it does mean that my rough drafts are really, really rough.  At this point finishing the book almost seems pointless, given that the ending I've got right now is way too contrived and not tied into earlier scenes.  I know from experience that everything will get better, however, and I like having the base to work with.  So I'll finish, and hit print, and we'll see what's good and what's not.

My first book's gone to something like this:

Okay, so it's not nearly this good--I love Nighthawks.  Plus my book's fantasy.  Ah, well.


When the original looked something like this:

Okay, my original didn't have many Legos, and there were bad accents, and a completely pointless center...but you get the idea

Soon I'll get to revisions!  Just...it's bumpy right now, and nobbly, so I know I've got my work cut out for me...but hey!  My first draft of a book is one day away from done!

No comments:

Post a Comment