Monday, February 13, 2012

Talking about stuff

Okay, so anyone who knows me at all knows that I like to talk. Not constantly, but when I'm upset or afraid or confused or even really happy I either write about it or say something. Often both. For me it's helpful to work through problems verbally, and I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by loving people who listen and talk back (and an extra yay for my husband! he hears everything).

But here's the rub: I have a hard time when I can't discuss an issue I need to figure out. Writing works as an outlet, but I have to be careful not to let my anger or frustration override characters and story. And blogs...well, they're private-public, and there are plenty of unspoken rules about what you should and shouldn't say.

Anyway. Communication is essential, so long as it isn't manipulative or mean. And some people just love words. I happen to be one of them.

2 comments:

  1. It is always important to express your self. I find that some times though I do it in the wrong place :) Cool video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...but I hope that expressing yourself in the wrong place is better than not doing it at all! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Oh, and thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete