Monday, February 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I once read an article from the New York Times a few years ago that told the secrets to the best chocolate chip cookies. Their recipe was truly good (I tried it!), but the biggest tip I took away from it is this:

Put your dough in the fridge for at least 24 hours. The cookies will have more texture and will be tastier.

There is chemistry that supports this tip, but it's my experience that makes me a believer. See, I made cookie dough yesterday. I added walnuts, because I love nuts. And then I forgot to bake them until today.

They turned out so good. The chips are all melty, the tops looked all textured, and they had that perfect mixture of gooey and crunchy that I like the best.

Anyway. This has nothing to do with writing, or with the A to Z blog challenge, which I really need to hash out (monsters? heroines? and how can I post art without a scanner?!?). But it is an Interesting Fact, and Useful, so it is worth noting.

Go make some cookies! Maybe after you listen to this song by one of my favorite Muppets...

2 comments:

  1. I love cookies I have never kept them in the fridge for 24 hours I could never wait that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard! On the plus side, though, you get dough for 24 hours, then cookies that taste really good after... :)

    ReplyDelete