Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lucky runners

I'd better go running tonight.  Triathlons are biased against swimmers--if you did an event that took a competitive distance swimmer the same length of time that running a 5K or biking 9 miles takes competitive bikers and runners, it'd be more like a mile than a 400-meter race.  A 400 meter stint in the pool isn't even a warm up for those of us who've been on a swim team, and that's a warmup for sprinters and distance folk of every stroke expertise.  Ah, well.  I'll literally run to the store and buy some shampoo and conditioner for our three-year-old, who's in swimming lessons (and jumped off the diving board today--well, with help from me at the top and his teacher at the bottom!), and maybe the practice will make me into a passable jogger (maybe).  So, without further ado, here's a picture for today:

This isn't what he looked like, actually--but it wasn't a high dive, either!  I've drawn this picture in charcoals, though, and I love the kid's look of flat-out terror.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll do great! Ha, for one second I thought you meant that you'd drawn the above picture - I can be a little ditzy sometimes lol. Tell your son congrats from me, he'll be doing literal and metaphorical dives for the rest of his life so it's always good to get the first one out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd drawn it first! And I hope he does dives his whole life--it's no fun to live just so you're safe, and it's good to risk failure once in a while so you can succeed. :)

    ReplyDelete