Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another monstrous poem...

The Invisible Man’s Lament
Do you have any idea how hard it can be
When I’m sat on while reading a book in my chair—
Far more ignored than a very small flea,
With no one to see me and no one to care?

And how ‘bout food that shows through my belly?
Ground hamburger gnawed in my see-through round head.
Quite visible, all of my digesting jelly,
Mashed peanuts and butter and candy and bread.

Almost every person is dependent on sight
So I hardly can strut outside to the store.
Most grocery clerks near faint with the fright
Of seeing two bags floating just off the floor.

And, worst of all, with skin paler than pearl,
How can I find the invisible girl?

Poor invisible man!  He's probably frowning here.
Anyway, sorry for the bad monster poems--they're just so much fun to write!  If you have any suggestions for future monsters to tackle, or if you're brave enough to try your hand at a monster poem of your own, feel free to leave a comment...and I'll add you to my homemade book (once I get around to making it).  I just bought Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii, though, so I'm off to...er...do some dishes.  

Yes, that's it.  Dishes...and...laundry...and grading...

No, I'm not holding a Wiimote.  I'm sure it's a scrubber--and hey!  Look up there!  A bad poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment