Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stay young, go dancing

I'm listening to a song about dancing, which is one skill I don't have.  Luckily when your main partners are under the age of four (or nonjudgmental, in the case of my husband), you can stump around or spin in a circle and feel all right.  I think writing can help you stay young, too--again, lucky for me--as writing is what inspired me to do a triathlon, and learn how to bake different types of bread, and research leopard seals.  Maybe someday writing will force me to learn how to dance just a little bit better...if that's possible (in high school, I tried out for a musical, and I was the only one who couldn't follow the choreographer.  He'd say go left, and I'd go forward.  My friends were nice about it, although I knew I'd never be destined for show biz...).

Anyway, once I finally shape my novels into the glittering things they are in my head, I will try to do something celebratory.  Like read a new book.  Or dance.  Who knows?


I thought about posting the Death Cab for Cutie song, but this is a cool story, and nicer press than leopard seals generally get.  So leopard seals it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment