Thursday, September 29, 2011

Goodreads

I officially joined Goodreads last night, and I've already checked out some of their recommendations.  I haven't entered very many books on my shelf yet--just a couple hundred so far--and it will take me hours to log in the books I own (I don't even know if I can remember everything I've borrowed), but I figure if I update it every time I finish a book, I can keep track of books better from here on out.  I'm not sure if I'm sold on the different versions that pop up for every popular book or the strict one-two-three-four-five star system, and I'll have to take some notes on books I enter in the future, but for now maybe I can start sorting through what I've read in the past and what I want to read in the future.  I'm a fast reader, and some year I'd like to read a book a day--maybe when the kids are older!--or finish all those Influential Books You Have To Read For Cultural Capital (oh, Russian classics, I'll get to you sometime), but for now I'll settle for recording what I read.  So I can buy more of the authors I like, and not forget who I want to buy later! Also, I can always tell my husband where to look for presents...

I'd still prefer a notebook, worn and floppy, but my baby stole my pen and scribbled all over the last one, so online might be a better choice for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment