Monday, March 26, 2012

Oops!

Sorry for the silence on Friday--I went to The Hunger Games, which was sad and well-done and exciting. Oh, and my four-year-old got pink eye on Thursday, and a horrible sore throat cough bug that I managed to catch as well. Yay for teaching my immune system new things?

Anyway, I realized that I have a much higher tolerance for reading about death games than seeing them. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to movies. I had a professor at the University of Utah, one of the best teachers ever, who had us watch Pulp Fiction for a Critical Theory class. I ended up shutting my eyes during most of it and asking my husband to tell me what was happening. Except during the one scene in the car, which I thought was safe. Oh, and I saw the shot-to-the-chest scene, too. And the gun store owners. And...other violent stuff. Needless to say, even though the structure was brilliant and I'm glad I saw it, I haven't seen it since.


I don't know what this has to do with me missing Friday, except maybe I can claim I was too traumatized. This is a lie, but it's Monday, and Mondays are good days for lying. Also, pirates!

2 comments:

  1. Great excuses. I think the trauma works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would know about trauma, so if you think it works well, I'll have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete