Monday, January 9, 2012

The end of a semester

We have one class left, and then our semester is over. And this year my students are surprisingly easygoing--not one complained about their grade, or implied they should be doing better, and a heartening number are willing to rewrite essays. I'm all about rewriting essays: if I can't get my writing right the first time, why should I expect that of my students? Some students take two drafts, other students take twelve, but if they're getting to the same level of research, analysis, and creativity, it really doesn't matter. This time of the year is hectic, but it's a good reminder of what perseverance can do--usually it's my students who rewrite the most who get the best grades, not necessarily those with the most raw talent. Of course some years, like this year, I get super-talented students who also rewrite. Yay!

On an unrelated note, I wish to post this video. Because it is five people playing one guitar, and that is a noteworthy thing.

1 comment: