Monday, September 24, 2012

Books I'm reading

I just finished this book:


And I enjoyed it. It was more exciting than I expected, and creepy, and I loved the photos. So did my two-year-old--he flipped through it for a good fifteen minutes today.

Now I'm on another peculiar book, one that I've already mentioned I'm excited about:



And I'm loving this one, too! It is also creepy, with black feathers on the first page of each chapter, and my four-year-old listened to the whole prologue without any pictures, and he keeps asking about the "shiny gear bird." I think he wants one for a pet. Oh! And the details so far--twigs for hair, black-eyed creatures that see too much, candy-coated names for sinister faerie politicians--it's so much fun! In fact, I want to go back to reading now, if you don't mind. Have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I sense a peculiar theme here! I first spotted Miss Peregrine in my local bookshop and knew I had to read it (though I haven't actually got around to it yet). But the title alone is enough to make me want to read it - a fabulous title, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous titles are hard to think of, but worth it! I still haven't read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (I think that's the title), but I remember it, and someday I'm sure I'll check it out of the library... :)

      Delete