Some awesome new friends have given me a couple of awards recently (read: free posts that I don't have to come up with all by myself!), and I decided to do the first one today.
The Kreativ Blogger Award is from Jaye Brown, who is lovely and brave and honest about her writing. First you post this picture:
And then you list ten things about yourself. So...
1. I spent time today looking at creepy, hilarious stuff about Maurice Sendak. I get sad when authors I admire die, but I'm grateful for the words (and, in his case, pictures!) they left behind.
2. I can wiggle both ears. One at a time, even. Have I mentioned this before? It is my one physical talent.
3. I can't dance. Really. I did a musical play in high school with some of my friends, even though I was never really a drama person, and I'd go right whenever I was supposed to go left. I'd warned everyone I was missing the brain connections to dance...and after that they believed me.
4. I read all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels during the long nights after my first son was born. They kept me sane through all the crazy new-parent adjustments.
5. I saved a huge jumping spider from my cats the other day. I always save jumping spiders.
6. If I'm reading a book I really like, I literally can't hear what people are saying around me.
7. On a related note, I sometimes got detention in fourth grade for reading through various lessons in class.
8. My dad play-tested Magic, The Gathering, and I'm nerdy enough to like playing it, too (but only with family and friends!).
9. I can like pretty much any type of story. I'd never read much romance--until I started reading the books of my awesome romance-writing critique partner. So much fun! I don't think there's any genre filled with only books I would dislike (although I could be wrong).
10. I used to swim in high school. I was pretty mediocre, but it was fun. And my freshman year, I won the Most Improved plaque, which looks pretty impressive even if it only means that I was really bad at first (and I managed to get less bad as time went on).
Now I'm supposed to pick six other bloggers to play, but there is a cat on my lap, so I'm going to cop out and say that if you're in the process of submitting a manuscript (any manuscript!), you win this award! Take a break, and remember that your creativity is a wonderful thing!